Vellinge - Excellent business environment in beautiful surroundings
Vellinge is located with the sea and nature just around the corner, a few kilometres from the Öresund bridge. It offers a good way of life and an international labour market.
Beaches with snow-white sand, exclusive golf courses, magnificent flights of migrating birds and accessible nature reserves promote active leisure time to suit many interests.
The qualities and the location of Vellinge municipality has for the past three years made Vellinge one of the best residential municipalities in Sweden, in a survey made by Focus magazine.
Quick facts about Vellinge
• The most south western municipality in Sweden
• The population is about 33 500
• The area is 143,2 km².
• There are three parishes: Vellinge-Månstorp, Höllviken, Skanör-Falsterbo.
• 43 % of the population (20-64 years) have higher education
• The commuting of labour is negative (more people working outside of the municipality than within), with most people working in Malmö but also in Trelleborg and Lund.
3 900 companies are located in Vellinge which makes the density of companies quite high. Most companies (95%) are small with less than 5 employees.
Vellinge is known for having a good environment for companies. The municipality has been placed among the top positions for many years in the yearly survey conducted by Confederation of Swedish Enterprises, measuring the local business climate. The position as number one or two among 290 municipalities speaks for itself. Vellinge has one of Sweden's best business environments!